GreenStar Residential Remodeling Certification is Here.
AES and Minnesota GreenStar (MNGS) have teamed up to deliver the GreenStar remodeling certification to the Midwest and North East. The program is backed by the National Association of the Remodeling Industry(NARI) as part of their Green Certified Professional (GCP) program and is incorporated into the training.
Why GreenStar Remodeling?
Many looking for authentic 3rd party verification/certification on their remodels find programs such as LEED for Homes, National Green Building Standard, Green Communities as well as any local state program within the Midwest & North East can be cost prohibitive, require major guts, are exclusive based on membership and/or are lacking any remodeling component.
Not anymore - GreenStar can certify without requiring expensive energy modeling and kitchen, bathroom, whole house or landscape remodeling projects can qualify under the program.
Become Qualified to work on projects!
Take 1 hour to learn about the program navigation, case studies, requirements, qualification/credentialing, up coming courses and how you can get involved locally to jump start GreenStar in your city or State.
- Basic Knowledge of How to get started with the GreenStar program locally in your state
- Introduction to the GreenStar Checklist, Manual and Online Submittal Process
- Run through an actual certified Green Retrofit from Start to Finish
- Know where to get more knowledge for education, training, membership in your state or how to be a local champion
CEUs - GBCI – AIA LU/SD – NARI Green and Local Contractor Credits
Up coming Courses & Webinar Schedule
Green Expo 365 – Introduction to GreenStar Remodeling Free Webinar.
Part 1 of 3 back to back webinar GreenStar Online Qualification Course 12/3 – 12/5 10 am to 12 pm – 2 hour segmants
- Learn about local / state and regional green building programs and how they compare/contrast
- Understand basics of Green Remodeling Opportunities & Challenges
* This course can be skipped if you are a Green Home Professional (LEED APH, Green Rater/Verifier, GCP, Master Green Builder (NGBS) or comparable accreditation. )
Full & Half Day Qualification Courses / Webinars – TBD - Email Info@usgreenstar.org for interest
Other ways to qualify: In House or Webinar Design Charrette Half Day Meeting – Qualify multiple team members for extra points! Email Brett.Little@allianceES.org for details.
Founded in 2007, Minnesota GreenStar is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, has developed a leading residential building standards and certification program created to promote healthy, durable, high-performance design and construction for both new and existing homes. An objective, third-party verification system assures consumers that the new home or remodeling project meets the program requirements and is constructed as designed. A whole-systems approach applies the five (5) key concepts of green building programs – Energy Efficiency, Resource Efficiency (including durability), Indoor Environmental Quality, Water Conservation, Site and Community – to the traditional building process. The MNGS program improves the impact of green building programs on individuals, their families, the community, and the environment.