HOMES 401: Green Rater Training
Wed Jul 31, 2013 until Thu Aug 1, 2013
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, local time
Continuing Education: 14.0
USGBC LEED® for Homes™ Green Rater Training
There are currently over 75,000 registered LEED® for Homes™ projects nationwide, and each project requires third-party on-site verification and performance testing by a LEED Green Rater. If you’re interested in filling this need as part of USGBC’s LEED for Homes Green Rater program, this training is for you! The two-part LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects.
Applicants must meet/submit initial qualifications and complete a two-part training (this two-day workshop and an online course component). Following the training, participants will take a computer-based exam provided by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) and complete a mentorship on real projects before earning the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate. Must register by Jul 23, 2013.
- Identify responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater in each phase of a project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the project checklist file
- Communicate effectively with project teams and LEED for Homes Providers
- Apply the sampling protocol on applicable projects
- Prepare accurate and complete certification submittal packages
This training is intended for professionals with a minimum of three years’ experience in the residential construction industry and basic residential green building knowledge who are interested in providing verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Those with a background in on-site verification and/or energy rating are particularly qualified.
Submit LEED for Homes Green Rater Eligibility Qualifications, part of which includes attending HOMES 252: Understanding LEED for Homes, which will also be offered the day before (Jul 30)
This course, like all USGBC LEED education programs, meets GBCI eligibility requirements for the LEED Green Associate.
RESNET: 14 hours
BPI: 8.5 CEUs
GBCI CE: 14 hours (LEED Homes Specific)
AIA/CES: 14 HSW/SD Learning Units
BOMI: 14 (CPD)
CoreNet: 14 (CPD)
CSI: 1.6 (CEU)
Dates: Wed, Jul 31 – Thur Aug 1, from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
HOMES 401 only Tuition: $649 before Jul 10; $699 after
Save $$$ with the Green Rater Training Package (HOMES 401 and HOMES 252)
$799 before Jul 10; $899 after
Steps to Become a Green Rater
- Step 1: Meet LEED for Homes Green Rater Eligibility Qualifications and submit application form to USGBC.
- Step 2: Once accepted, complete five self-guided online learning modules prior to participating in the two-day LEED for Homes Green Rater Training.
- Step 3: Take and pass LEED for Homes Green Rater exam through GBCI.
- Step 4: Complete Green Rater Mentorship with a LEED for Homes provider within 24 months.
- Step 5: Receive LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
If you have any questions about Green Rater eligibility or working with a LEED for Homes provider, please contact Brett Little, AES Executive Director.
Jason La Fleur, LEED AP+Homes and LEED for Homes Green Rater
Registration problems? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 458-6733
Registration is closed for this event.