Introduction to Appraising Green Buildings: Principles & Concepts
Mon Jun 25, 2012
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Eastern
Continuing Education: 7.0
Developed for real estate appraisers, this one-day introduction course focuses on the evolution of green buildings, the concept of sustainability in buildings, and the principles, practices, and components that distinguish sustainable from traditional buildings.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize competency and USPAP implications of appraising green buildings.
- Understand the evolution of green buildings.
- Understand the six elements of green building.
- Identify benefits and costs of green buildings.
- Recognize the green building certification and ratings programs for energy conservation and sustainability.
- Understand the primary areas of green reporting.
- Understand highest and best use implications.
- Consider the three approaches to value in context of green buildings.
Note. This course is in the Valuation of Sustainable Buildings Professional Development Program. For a list of FAQs, which includes information regarding the courses you’ll need to successfully complete the program, click here.
This course is approved for 7.0 GBCI CE Hours by the USGBC.
Register at the Appraisal Institute web site