Quality Assured HVAC Training – ESV3 – High Performance ProfessionalView all Education and Events
Thu Jun 20, 2013
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Eastern
Learn About Green LLC
Continuing Education: No
AES has Partnered with Advanced Energy To help HVAC contractors Qualify as High Performance Home leaders. Those installing systems in ENERGY STAR qualified homes are need to ensure are properly trained and qualified to perform HVAC QI services, EPA is requiring that contractors:
- Document that they possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools (e.g., through training, work experience, and/or company policies) to effectively deliver the services required in the ENERGY STAR HVAC QI checklist; and
- Be credentialed and subject to oversight/quality assurance by an independent, third-party organization.
Cost: $ 250.00 Per Person*
- * Other Fees (1/2 – 1/3 the cost of ACCAs program)
- $199 Application Fee
- $299 per year renewal fee
- $35 per job up to 50 jobs
- less for more than 50 jobs
- Scalability – whether you are working on one house or 5,000, our program offers scalability to fit your needs. The primary fee associated with our program is a per-unit quality assurance review process, meaning that you only pay for what you use.
- Technical assistance – if you find yourself struggling while out on an install or designing a duct system, Advanced Energy is here to help you. As a participating contractor, you have easy access to the technical resources you need to ensure quality work on your ENERGY STAR installations.
- Contractor development – our program is more than just a certification, we strive to make you better. If you think your business could use some additional help, or if the program’s standards are not being met, hands-on training and consulting will be provided by program staff to get you up to speed. We can also help you put the policies and procedures into place to ensure quality installation to help you continue working on ENERGY STAR jobs.
- Streamlined ENERGY STAR quality assurance process - we have automated the reporting process making it quick and easy to track your progress and view all of your ENERGY STAR jobs in one place.
- Click here to view or download our Program Brief for HVAC Contractors.
HVAC Quality Installation Oversight Organizations (H-QUITOs) are the EPA-recognized independent, third-party oversight organizations that establish the required credentialing programs and provide oversight/QA activities for HVAC contractors who install systems in Version 3 ENERGY STAR qualified homes.
Presenter – Pam Pierce, President. Learn About Green LLC
6809 Thornapple Drive Gates Mills, OH 44040-9644. Phone: 440-341-0955
ICC Residential Building Inspector ◦ PHIUS+ Rater ◦ USGBC LEED for Homes Green Rater & LEED Homes AP & LEED-NC AP ◦ NAHB Certified Green Professional and Green Verifier ◦Enterprise Green Communities Green Verifier ◦ RESNET Green Rater & HERS Energy Rater ◦BPI Building Analyst Professional & Envelope Professional ◦ EPA Energy Star Partner & Indoor AirPLUS Partner & Lead RRP ◦ FirstEnergy Ohio Rater ◦ Spray Polyurethane Foam Association Accredited Independent Building Envelope Inspector ◦ Thermal/Infrared Thermography Buildings/Roofs Specific Level 1 ◦ GreenAdvantage Teacher ◦ Master Gardner
What the H-QUITO Does
As an H-QUITO, Advanced Energy is required to:
- Develop and maintain a credentialing program for qualified contractors;
- Provide general orientation training for contractors on the ENERGY STAR Version 3 guidelines;
- Maintain a database and a publicly-available, online list of credentialed participating contractors;
- Conduct periodic quality assurance of participating contractors; and
- Develop and maintain a participating contractor dispute resolution process that includes procedures for investigation of complaints, contractor probation, dismissal, and appeals.
More From the GBA Blogs - The 7 Biggest Opportunities for HVAC Contractors