Join the Board
The Alliance for Environmental Sustainability is seeking new and experienced board members to help advanced our mission being a catalyst for sustainable market transformation of the built environment through education, 3rd party verification and community partnerships.
Board Member responsibilities
- Term: Two Years
- Voting on pertinent issues.
- Attend monthly meetings that are usually held the first Monday every Month from 11:30 Am – 1 PM (Lunch provided).
- Participate in assigned tasks, programs and discussion beyond board meetings when applicable or available.
- Potentially facilitate volunteers or interns on key tasks
The following skills sets are needed to help expand and grow AES’s mission in diverse areas.
- Higher Education
- IT and/or Web Designer
- Media (News) person
- Affordable housing developer (Hope Network, ICCF, HFHKC, LINC & etc)
- Americorps member
- Professor from engineering or sustainability program
- Healthcare industry professional
- Renewable energy expert
- Municipality employee or city/state official
Underrepresented Areas that AES serves and would like members from include
- SE MI
For more information please contact us below or fill out an online application.*
* AES is an equal opportunity board volunteer organization & employeer that does not discriminate based on race/color, religion, gender, age, sexual preference, disability, political affiliations, maternity status or whether or not you live in a green certified house (yet). We seek to improve the diversity of our board to ensure we have a well rounded view of how our mission and programs fit in the world at large.
616 458 6733 ext 1