Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
AES is seeking help in many areas. We can work with local, state-based, regional, or national interns–so do not hesitate to get involved no matter where you live! Thanks to technology, we have many positions that can be filled without having to meet in person.
What can interns/volunteers do to help AES & get college credit as well?
GreenHome Program and Resource Research Internship Opportunity - Open Position
Create Green Home Education Videos based on LEED Certified Homes - Open Position: looking for help with our Midwest projects
Assemble Green Home Project Profiles & Interview Project Teams - Open Position
Compile & Research Green & Energy Efficiency Case Studies – Open Position
Develop a Product Testing Showcase for Green Building Products – New Open Position
Benefits of Volunteering / Interning with AES
- Gain an understanding of affordable, healthy, durable, and efficient residential green building programs, measures, applications, and technologies–and find out who’s who in the business.
- Understand the LEED for Homes & Green Communities program and process.
- Gain experience and know-how for obtaining the Green Associates, Living Future and/or LEED AP credentials.
- Identify where to find green building and sustainability resources.
- Have access to reduced cost or free education and training (in person or webinars).
- Potential to get a stipend depending on need, experience, skill set, education, and AES budget approval. (Most positions are volunteer-based without pay.)
- Start a pathway to become a GreenHome Professional
If you are interested in getting in contact with AES about an internship, please complete the form below so that we know more about your interests. Thank you!