Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Thank you for your interested in wanting to help us improve the places we live. We can work with local, state-based, regional, or national interns–so do not hesitate to get involved no matter where you live! Thanks to technology, we have many positions that can be filled without having to meet in person. No experience is needed in any of the below position we only look to work with people with genuine interest and passion.
What can interns/volunteers do to help us help you and score some college credit as well?
Home Energy Educator & Evaluator – Open Position
MI Solar Works Educational Trainer – Help educate people on how solar does work in Michigan – Open Position
GreenHome Program and Resource Research Internship Opportunity – Open Position
Create Green Home Education Videos based on LEED Certified Homes – Open Position: looking for help with our Midwest projects
Assemble Green Home Project Profiles & Interview Project Teams – Open Position
Compile & Research Green & Energy Efficiency Case Studies – Open Position
Develop a Product Testing Showcase for Green Building Products – New Open Position
* Have another idea how you want to help us? We are not limited to the above positions.
Benefits of Volunteering / Interning with us
- Gain an understanding of affordable, healthy, durable, and efficient residential green building programs, measures, applications, and technologies–and find out who’s who in the business.
- Understand the LEED for Homes & Green Communities program and process.
- Gain experience and know-how for obtaining the Green Associates, Living Future and/or LEED AP credentials.
- Identify where to find green building and sustainability resources.
- Have access to reduced cost or free education and training (in person or webinars).
- Potential to get a stipend depending on need, experience, skill set, education, and AES budget approval. (Most positions are volunteer-based without pay.)
- Start a pathway to become a GreenHome Associate
If you are interested in getting in contact with us about an internship, please complete the form below so that we know more about your interests. Thank you!