Volunteer / Internships
AES is seeking help in many areas and we can work with local, state based, regional or national interns as we have many positions that be filled with out having to meet in person. Please do not hesitate to get involved.
What have interns done in the past?
Create Green Home Education Videos based on LEED Certified Homes - We always are looking for help here with our Midwest Projects
Assemble Green Home Project Profiles & Interview Project Teams – Open Position
Put together & research Green & Energy Efficiency Case Studies – Open Position
Benefits of volunteering / interning with AES
- Gain an understanding of Affordable, Healthy, Durable and Efficient residential Green Building programs, measures, applications, technologies and who’s who in the business.
- Understand the LEED for Homes & Green Communities program and Process.
- Gain needed experience & know-how for obtaining the Green Associates, Living Future and/or LEED AP credentials.
- Identify where to go to find green building and sustainability resources
- Reduced cost or access to free education & training in person or webinars
- Potential to get a stipend depending on need, experience, skillset, education and AES budget approval (Most positions are volunteer based without pay)