LEED for Homes
LEED for Homes is recognized internationally as the leading residential green 3rd party certification program with over 120,000 registered projects and 50,000 certified. AES’s part in that to date has been 3,200 certified and over 6,000 registered. LEED for homes is applicable on Single Family, Multi Family, Midrise & Mixed use up to 12 stories with new construction or major gut rehabs.
LEED-certified homes are designed to maximize fresh air indoors and minimize exposure to airborne toxins and pollutants.
They’re designed to save costly resources – energy and water. On average, LEED-certified homes use 20 to 30% less – with some homes reporting up to 60% less energy use – than a home built to code. Using fewer resources means lower utility bills each month.
They’re third party inspected, performance-tested, and certified to perform better than a conventional home.
Green homes can be built for the same cost as conventional homes. And they’re resold for more money in less time than traditional homes. Making this happen for your project just takes proper planning. We can help!
How it works
Residential projects are special. That’s why the USGBC created a unique LEED rating system just for the this market.
Here’s what projects using LEED for Homes or Multifamily Midrise need to know about their LEED project:
Choosing AES as your verification is step one. Before you register, make sure to check this one off your to-do list. AES and our approved Green Rater will conduct a preliminary rating early in the design process. We will walk your project team through all the prerequisites and explain the minimum number of points you’ll need to certify. We will also keep track of all your LEED strategies to make applying for certification a breeze.
- Your Verification Team will include a LEED for Homes Provider organization (AES) and a Green Rater who work together on your verification and certification. A Green Rater provides the required onsite verification while the Provide organization oversees the certification process.
- You won’t be using LEED Online for certification.That’s right; certification is handled 100% by the Verification Team (AES) on our free online file management system Box.
- On-site performance testing and third party verification is required.Your Verification Team will help.
How close is your project to achieving LEED? Probably much closer than you think. Test drive the Scoring Tool to find out »
- Have your green home questions answered here at USGBC’s Green Home Guide »
- Start Building LEED Today!
- Register your LEED project with AES
- Access Up to Date LEED Guidance Documents, checklists, resources and other tools here for free
- Affordable Housing and LEED go hand in hand
- LEED Midrise & Mixed Use Building Guidance
- View credits here
- List of all certified projects and project teams in the Midwest
- Michigan State University LEED Post Occupancy Study
- 23 Tips for easily achieving LEED for Homes
- Learn about LEED V4 for Homes ( fully launched in Mid 2015.)
- Looking for a Green Home remodeling Program? Try GreenStar
- Buy a LEED Yard Sign For Education & Awareness Credit
- Why Does LEED Excite Us?
LEED for Homes Education
*Language taken from http://www.usgbc.org/leed/homes