Tools and Resources for LEED Project Teams
LEED = Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.
Why build or remodel to LEED for Homes standards? Find out by clicking here >>
Have a new Project and trying to decide if it fits LEED? Click here for the free online LEED for Homes Scoring Tool.
- Learn how multi-family buildings can pursue LEED for Homes Midrise
- Homebuilder Resources for LEED projects
- Find a LEED AP + Homes – Search for “credentialed” experts to assist with your project, or become a LEED AP + Homes.
- Affordable Housing Toolkit
Specific LEED-H Credit Resources
Rating System 1-page Snapshot
New incredibly useful tool when a project team is doing an initial scoring of their project, as a guide during a LEED design charrette, and as a good takeaway for educational events.
Download the Basic Operations Training manual (AE1.1)
The LEED for Homes Operations & Maintenance (HOM) Manual was developed to support the LEED for Homes prerequisite AE 1: Education of the Homeowner or Tenant, and to provide tips on maintaining a LEED-certified home. Be sure to read the Project Team Instructions for how to properly use and customize the manual.
Order LEED-H Signage that meets the requirements for Awareness and Education (AE) 1.3
Easy, cheap point!
LL5, LL6 Tool – Walkscore A great web site used by location experts (including real estate professionals) to show the walkability and distance as the foot travels (not as the crow flies) to community services, mass transit, and open space (parks).
Painting for LEED – Learn how paints contribute to Materials and Resources ( MR 2.2) credits in a LEED for Homes project.
Salvaged Materials in LEED for Homes – Learn how reclaimed materials allow you to double-up on points under the Materials and Resources ( MR 2.2) credits on a LEED for Homes project.
Easy, cheap point!
Pre-approved Innovation & Design (ID) Points
- Utility Tracking – only available for Multi-family projects
- Acoustic Comfort Approved ID Request – specifically for adjacent multi-family units
- ADA Visitability – making a home ADA-friendly for visitors
- Energy management & Monitoring – credit for smart home controls on HVAC systems
- ADA Universal Design – making a home ADA-compliant
- Food Garden – incorporated into the landscape plan
- Deconstruction of an existing building on the project site
- For projects pursuing the Performance path in the EA credit category, 1 ID point may be earned for using a clothes washer that meets the performance specifications of EA 9.2 Water efficient clothes washer, as this appliance is not factored into the home’s HERS score (basis for the Performance path).
Have an existing home not quite ready for LEED?
- Learn from some of the standards to influence smaller remodeling projects at ReGreenProgram.org. They have a free strategy generator that takes items from LEED for Homes and applies to specific remodeling projects, such as a kitchen remodel.
- Find local contractors, designers, and resources and ask a professional expert questions at GreenHomeGuide.com
- Look at products for a greener home.