Home Energy Educational Assessment
One of our Residential Energy professionals will visit your home to help educate you to make improvements that save your money, increase comfort, reduce health issues and ensure you have a better home.
The auditor will inspect and assess your home’s insulation quality, air and duct leakage, furnace, A/C system, water heater, lighting, appliances, doors, windows, and solar gain/shading. They also do radon testing, inspect ventilation issues and water efficiency.
Within 2-4 hours, the auditor will identify where you can improve energy efficiency in your home and save money. He or she will provide recommendations; you can give these to a professional contractor or start on the work yourself! When all desired upgrades are complete, the auditor will return to assess the work for accuracy and quality. This helps hold contractors accountable, and will ensure nothing was overlooked.
What is your home’s MPG?
Find out! Your home will score between 0 and 70 MPG:
Under 20 – Your home is a “gas guzzler.”
30 to 40 – Your home performs decently well.
Over 50 – You have a high performing home!
The Residential Energy Performance Score – Home Energy & Health Assessment provides a way to quickly understand where energy is being wasted in your home. This knowledge can help you increase your home’s efficiency and save you money.
What do you get?
- A report detailing energy use, upgrades, costs and return on investment.
- A scope of work to give to a contractor and a listed of recommended contractors.
- A better understanding of the home a system what you can do to improve it through a holistic approach.
- Access to special financing such as low interest unsecured loans and/or on bill financing where you only pay based on actually energy saved.
- A 3rd party inspection test out to ensure an contract or diy labor was performed accurately to ensure your home will be better and energy savings happen.
- A completed Green & Energy Efficient Home Appraisal Addendum completed before and after work to help improve your homes value.
Can I do it myself?
Yes! We have a self assessment excel document here that is meant to give you a quick analysis of a whole seasons worth of energy use in your house. Download it here
Cost for an audit
$300.00 for West Michigan Residences which includes a test in audit, scope work and test out audit after work is completed.
Whether you are a homeowner or contractor, if you are looking for a tool to make informed decisions, please fill out the interest form below. We will follow up with more information and a quote.