Home Energy Educational Assessment
One of our Residential Energy professionals will visit your home to help educate you to make improvements that save your money, increase comfort, reduce health issues and ensure you have a better home.
The auditor will inspect and assess your home’s insulation quality, air and duct leakage, furnace, A/C system, water heater, lighting, appliances, doors, windows, and solar gain/shading.
Within 2-4 hours, the auditor will identify where you can improve energy efficiency in your home and save money. He or she will provide recommendations; you can give these to a professional contractor or start on the work yourself! When all desired upgrades are complete, the auditor will return to assess the work for accuracy and quality. This helps hold contractors accountable, and will ensure nothing was overlooked.
What is your home’s MPG?
Find out! Your home will score between 0 and 70 MPG:
Under 20 – Your home is a “gas guzzler.”
30 to 40 – Your home performs decently well.
Over 50 – You have a high performing home!
The Residential Energy Performance Score - Home Energy & Health Assessment provides a way to quickly understand where energy is being wasted in your home. This knowledge can help you increase your home’s efficiency and save you money.
The auditor will also evaluate:
- Indoor air quality and health concerns
- Durability of the home
- Water waste and water quality
- Sustainable material selections for remodeling
- Site and community impacts of landscaping
What do you get?
- A report detailing energy use, upgrades, costs and return on investment.
- A Scope of work to give to a contractor.
- A completed Green & Energy Efficient Home Appraisal Addendum completed before and after work to help improve your homes value.
- A better understanding of the home a system what you can do to improve it through a holistic approach.
Can I do it myself?
Yes! We have a self assessment excel document here that is meant to give you a quick analysis of a whole seasons worth of energy use in your house.
Cost for an audit
$300.00 for West Michigan Residences which includes a test in audit, scope work and test out audit after work is completed.
Whether you are a homeowner or contractor, if you are looking for a tool to make informed decisions, please fill out the interest form below. We will follow up with more information and a quote.